Participation of Top Level Speakers Confirmed
Numerous top level representatives of industry and service companies are expected for the 2nd GCC Logistics Conference, which is going to take place at the RitzCarlton Hotel in Manama on April 26-27, 2017. The conference is under the patronage of the Minister of Transportation and Telecommunications of the Kingdom of Bahrain, H.E. Kamal bin Ahmed Mohammed, and of Mr. Alfred Simms-Protz, Ambassador of Germany to the Kingdom of Bahrain.
The list of confirmed speakers covers a wide spectrum, including – just to name a few:
- Sheikh Ahmed bin Hamad Al Khalifa, President, Bahrain Customs
- Turhan Ozen, Chief Cargo Officer, Turkish Airlines
- Greg Toornman, Director, Global Materials, Logistics, and Freight Management, AGCO
- Boris Otte, Senior Vice President, Kuehne + Nagel, MEA
The two conference days comprise talks and discussions in the following fields:
- Industry 4.0 – Consequences for Logistics
- Trends in Contract Logistics
- Global Shipping Trends and Impact on GCC
- Supply Chain Disruption – Regular Business of the Future?
- CEP and AirCargo Handling
- Trade Facilitation and Customs
The complete conference program and registration information are available at www.gcclogisticsconference.com. A reduced fee applies until the end of February 2017.
As of today, the following companies could be won as sponsors:
- Bahrain Airport Company
- APM Terminals
- GLS Logistics Company
- First Bahrain
- Bahrain Economic Development Board
- Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company
Background: The Kingdom of Bahrain is emerging as an attractive location for logistics services. In the course of one year, bottlenecks in procedures at the border crossing could be overcome. Furthermore, plans for connecting the port to the rail network have gained shape. In consequence, the country is now in an even better position as an entry gate to the Gulf region. As a result, demand for production and logistics space is rising. TransCare supports this development on behalf of the government of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
As a consultancy focused on transport and logistics based in Wiesbaden, TransCare GmbH is in business since 1993. In addition to Germany, the company is active for clients based in Central and Eastern Europe, in the CIS states and in the Gulf region. More information is available at www.transcare.de.
Phone: +973 1619 6581