Tuesday , January 22 2019
Home / Railways / News / Transmashholding and Hitachi agree traction inverter joint venture

Transmashholding and Hitachi agree traction inverter joint venture

Locomotives and rail equipment manufacturer JSC Transmashholding (Transmashholding) has partnered with Hitachi to produce traction inverters for passenger trains in Russia.

Under the agreement, both companies will set up a joint venture (JV), ‘TMH Traction Systems’, which will manufacture these high-performance traction inverters.

Transmashholding will hold 51% of the JV authorised capital of RUB375m ($6.11m), while Hitachi will own the remaining 49% stake.

Transmashholding general director Kirill Lipa said: “Transmashholding and Hitachi developed a strong and mutually beneficial relationship working on joint projects.

“The establishment of a joint venture is a logical step to further improve this relationship. We expect products of the JV to be in high demand.”

TMH Traction Systems will use the manufacturing facilities of Metrowagonmash, a subsidiary of Transmashholding, to produce the traction inverters. It is expected to produce 200 traction systems annually.

The JV will be responsible for designing, manufacturing, assembling, testing, selling, as well as providing maintenance services to these systems.

TMH Traction Systems will aim to cater to the domestic Russian market, the Commonwealth of Independent States, as well as European markets.

Hitachi Rolling Stock of Railway Systems Business Unit deputy COO Kiyoshi Nakata said: “We hope that this JV will lead to further expansion of our Railway Systems Business and the improvement of Hitachi presence in Russia, as well as CIS countries.”

Hitachi provides electrical components for multiple Metrowagonmash’s projects in Sofia (Bulgaria), St. Petersburg (Russia) and Budapest (Hungary).

Check Also

Harworth submits planning application for major rail-connected

British regeneration and property investment specialist Harworth Group has filed an outline planning application with ...

Alstom’s iLint hydrogen train certified for operation in Germany

The German Railway Office (EBA) has given the greenlight to Alstom’s hydrogen fuel cell passenger ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *